View a typical day at St Andrews
View a typical day at Cambridge
View a typical day at Yale
The English Language Program at ISSOS is designed for those who have English as a second language, the interactive program caters for all ability levels and helps students become proficient in English by immersing them in an English speaking environment for three weeks.
On arrival at ISSOS students will be given a proficiency test so that we can establish their English level and they can be placed in the correct class level. During the three weeks students will recieve daily instruction from experienced and qualified teachers who will ensure that all students develop core skills of: speaking, reading, writing and listening.
Benefits of learning English at ISSOS?
- Benefit from experienced and qualified teachers, daily English classes and individual attention
- Significantly improve academic and social communication skills
- Use English to make new friends with students from other countries
- Focus on core skills; English grammar, vocabulary, speaking, reading, writing and listening
- ISSOS teaches British English at all 3 campuses
- Stay motivated with our fun and interactive syllabus
During the three week program teachers will use a wide variety of supplementary materials including video, music, newspaper and magazine articles, as well as out of classroom assignments to ensure that classes are fun and students are motivated.
Students are taught English by addressing subjects that are of interest and relevance to them and we take this opportunity to educate students on world issues affecting them today: bullying, social media, politics, climate change, current affairs and more.
This nurturing yet challenging atmosphere will help all students make significant progress and develop communication skills necessary to function efficiently and effectively in both social and academic settings.
Advanced English Course
Designed to help students whose spoken English is considered to be advanced, but who need to concentrate and improve their written English. The advanced class will focus on English for academic purposes and will cover; essay writing skills, research skills, speaking, grammar and vocabulary as well as presentation skills and debate but will concentrate mostly on written English.
- Focus on English for academic purposes and learn how to apply it in school and university.
- Improve the formation of coherent arguments and structure in formal essay writing
- Explore a range of writing styles
- Improve your confidence when using English language - both written and spoken
The advanced program will benefit students who wish to significantly improve their written English and who may be moving to an English speaking school system or about to start the IB program.
The advanced English program at ISSOS is a bespoke program that has been designed to provide the written skills needed to tackle assignments in the final years of school and on to university. With a focus on written English this program challenges students to read and interpret articles and journals of a advanced nature and produce written analysis that is structured, accurate and above all coherent.
Students wanting to take this program should have an advanced level of both spoken and written English (B2/C1).