WHAT DOES THIS JOB INVOLVE?
The Programme Assistant (PA) will work closely with our Programme Director and Head Counselors to make sure that the session runs smoothly and our students have the summer experience of a lifetime.
You will be the administrative link between Head Office and the Summer School campus, and will also liaise with the University and perform a range of general admin duties.
This is a varied and exciting role that plays a key part in the success of the programme. You could be doing anything and everything from organising venues and ordering equipment to helping at our evening programmes.
All of our summer positions are fully residential and all of our staff teams will be actively involved in the various events and activities that we put on for our students.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Providing the administrative link between ISSOS head office and the campus management team
- Liaising with staff, students, university faculty and all other ISSOS associates in a professional manner
- Collecting and recording valuables (passports, plane tickets, etc) from students on arrival, storing them and returning them safely before they leave
- Maintaining and providing up to date information on class allocations for our Head Counselors
- Distribute and record expenses and petty cash (including student pocket money sent from parents)
WHAT SKILLS/EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and oral)
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Experience using a broad range of software packages
- You must be fluent in English
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Understands the importance of confidentiality and acts with discretion
- Works well on their own initiative and has excellent interpersonal skills
- Is honest and reliable with strong attention to detail
WHO CAN APPLY?
To apply for our roles you must either be a UK or a US citizen or have the legal right to work in the country you are applying for a role in. Please note that we cannot sponsor visas for working in the UK.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW?
- All of our staff must pass a full criminal background check*
- We provide full bed and board for you at our campuses, plus fixed payment
- This role is available in St Andrews and Cambridge
WHAT WILL YOU GET OUT OF IT?
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to gain more organisational experience and develop a broad range of transferable skills. You will improve your leadership and teamwork skills at the same time as having a fantastic summer experience of your own. No two days at ISSOS are the same and we are really proud of the fact that our staff team has as much fun during the summer as our students do.
WHEN AND WHERE WE NEED YOU:
St Andrews: 28th June - 17th August 2023
Cambridge: 8th July - 3rd August 2023
Yale: 12th July - 7th August 2023
Read our staff testimonials or check out our Staff FAQs
*ISSOS International and ISSOS USA are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expect all stakeholders to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to hold a current PVG/DBS or equivalent enhanced background check/be willing to obtain one. The cost of this will be covered by the company. Employment will be subject to the company receiving two references from previous employees covering your suitability for the specific position and working with those under 18 years old.Worked with ISSOS before? Apply Now