WHAT DOES THIS JOB INVOLVE?
Counselors at ISSOS work as a team to look after the welfare of up to 160 students aged 13-18 years old. They also help to organise and run the sporting activities and our varied evening program.
Individually, each counselor is in charge of their own group of up to 15 students. Counselors act as positive role models and are the first point of contact for our students, who come to us from over 80 countries around the world.
All of our summer positions are fully residential and all of our staff teams will be actively involved in the various events and activities that we put on for our students.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Looking after the welfare of our students
- Helping your group to bond and being a positive role model for them
- Running and taking part in the evening programme and sporting activities
- Running and supervising the cultural trips included in the programme
- Making sure our students are happy and safe at all times
WHAT SKILLS/EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- Previous experience working with young people is preferred
- Interests in sport, music, theatre, dance and other hobbies would be advantageous
- You must be fluent in English
THE TYPE OF PERSON WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Wants to have a positive impact on young people
- Is fun in nature and doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Works well in a team and has a flexible attitude
- Stays calm under pressure
- Has clear and effective communication skills
- Is enthusiastic with the ability to self-motivate and use their initiative
WHO CAN APPLY?
To apply for our roles you must either be a UK or a US citizen, or have the legal right to work in the country you are applying for a role in. Please note that we cannot sponsor visas for working in the UK.
ANYTHING ELSE YOU SHOULD KNOW?
- All of our staff must pass a full criminal background check*
- We provide full bed and board for you at our campuses, plus fixed payment
- This role is available in St Andrews and Cambridge
WHAT WILL YOU GET OUT OF IT
Our Counselor roles are a brilliant opportunity for anyone looking to gain more experience working with young people. You will improve your leadership and teamwork skills while working with students from over 80 nationalities, at the same time as having a fantastic summer experience of your own. No two days at ISSOS are the same and we are really proud of the fact that our staff team have as much fun during the summer as our students do.
WHEN AND WHERE WE NEED YOU:
St Andrews: 28th June - 17th August 2023
Cambridge: 8th July - 3rd August 2023
Yale: 12th July - 7th August 2023
Read our staff testimonials or check out our Staff FAQs
*ISSOS International and ISSOS USA are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all stakeholders to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to hold a current PVG/DBS or equivalent enhanced background check/be willing to obtain one. The cost of this will be covered by the company. Employment will be subject to the company receiving two references from previous employees covering your suitability for the specific position and working with those under 18 years old.Worked with ISSOS before? Apply Now