Our Theatre Course offers students the opportunity to explore and extend their theatrical skills and talents and use them to develop a unique piece of verbatim theatre with aspects of physical theatre. The Theatre Teacher will combine a series of skill-based master classes and ensemble workshops in which students will work as a team to create an exciting piece of original theatre to be performed in the final week. The course should enthuse all students with a keen interest in the performing arts regardless of previous experience and will encourage students to discover their talents and develop a new-found self-confidence both on the stage and beyond.
The Theatre teacher will teach a class of students aged 13-18 years old from a variety of nationalities for three hours a day, four afternoons a week. The teacher will work with the students to produce a piece of devised work that will take the form of verbatim theatre.
Although we provide every teacher a guide as to what each lesson should achieve, we encourage teachers to bring their own experience and personality to each class and create their own stimulating and challenging lesson plans.
ISSOS is looking for charismatic, inspirational individuals who are experienced in their field and have experience in leading, motivating and encouraging a group of young people.
*This position is available at Yale for the Student Leadership Internship. To read more about our Internship at Yale, please visit here STUDENT LEADERSHIP INTERNSHIP (YALE)
- Creating and executing interesting and engaging lesson plan
- Taking part in evening activities
- Making sure students are safe and happy at all times
- Being a positive model
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience in teaching international students preferred
- Experience and knowladge of verbatim theatre and physical theatre
- Previous teaching experience is essential
- Clear and effective communicator
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Team player and willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be a UK or US citizen or have the legal documents to work in the UK and USA respectively
- All staff must pass a full criminal background check*
- Positions are available in St Andrews, Cambridge and Yale
- Full bed and board is provided plus fixed payment
St Andrews: 27th June - 15th August 2019
Cambridge: 7th July - 1st August 2019
Yale: 11th July - 5th August 2019
*ISSOS International and ISSOS USA are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all stakeholders to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to hold a current PVG/DBS or equivalent enhanced background check or be willing to obtain one. The cost of this will be covered by the company. Employment will be subject to the company receiving two references from previous employees covering your suitability for the specific position and working with those under 18 years old.