Study Skills/Pre-IB Teacher
The Pre-IB Teacher at ISSOS will lead the Pre-International Baccalaureate course, which is designed to prepare students who are planning to start the International Baccalaureate Diploma. The three-week course should focus on improving the students work habits and general academic performance and assist students in developing a range of academic skills such as critical thinking, time management, essay writing, presentation delivery and internet research. All of these skills will be essential in ensuring the students’ success in the IB Diploma.
ISSOS is looking for an individual who is a confident public speaker with well-established research skills and the ability to deliver seminars. Previous experience in teaching study skills to young people would be is essential. The applicant should be confident in their ability to mentor students to ensure they are motivated and proactive with their individual projects. A current or recently finished post-graduate student is preferable.
As an ISSOS teacher you have your own class of international students aged between 13-18 years old. ISSOS ensures that classes are kept small in order to provide individual attention, personalised instruction and create an encouraging and supportive environment for students to learn while having fun and making new friends from around the world. Although we provide every teacher a guide as to what each lesson should achieve, we encourage teachers to bring their own experience and personality to each class and create their own stimulating and challenging lesson plans.
ISSOS is looking for charismatic, inspirational individuals who are experienced in their field and have experience in leading, motivating and encouraging a group of young people.
*This position is available at Yale for the Student Leadership Internship. To read more about our Internship at Yale, please visit here STUDENT LEADERSHIP INTERNSHIP (YALE)
- Creating and executing interesting and engaging lesson plans
- Providing students with lessons tailored to the improvement of their study skills and habits
- Take part in evening activities
- Being a positive role model
- Making sure students are safe and happy at all times
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Currently undertaking or recently finished postgraduate research work
- Knowledge of the International Baccalaureate Course
- Fluent in English
- Experience teaching international students is preferred
- Previous teaching experience is essential
- Clear and effective communicator
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Team player and willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be a UK or US citizen or have the legal documents to work in the UK and USA respectively
- All staff must pass a full criminal background check*
- Positions are available in St Andrews, Cambridge and Yale
- Full bed and board is provided plus fixed payment
St Andrews: 27th June - 15th August 2019
Cambridge: 7th July - 1st August 2019
Yale: 11th July - 5th August 2019
*ISSOS International and ISSOS USA are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all stakeholders to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to hold a current PVG/DBS or equivalent enhanced background check or be willing to obtain one. The cost of this will be covered by the company. Employment will be subject to the company receiving two references from previous employees covering your suitability for the specific position and working with those under 18 years old.