The Program Director of ISSOS will be responsible for the safety and wellbeing of all students and staff on the program. It is essential that the Program Director gives 100% on a daily basis, in all areas, from teaching, to energy, to the pastoral care, in order to give ISSOS students the best possible summer experience.
The Program Director will lead a team of Teachers, Head Counselors, Counselors, a PA and a Media Manager and is responsible for the day to day implementation laid down by ISSOS.
This role involves a huge amount of responsibility, flexibility, organisational, managerial, leadership, and communication skills. Along with this, is a need for great sensitivity to the needs of the staff and students, and abounding affinity for fun.
It is essential that the Program Director is experienced in dealing with the pastoral care of young people and has the ability to motivate and lead a team of staff. ISSOS is looking for a candidate who possesses strong leadership qualities, organisational abilities, and is passionate about working with young people.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
- Creating and facilitating a safe and fun environment for both staff and students
- Ensuring the smooth running of all ISSOS events and trips
- Making sure students and staff are safe and happy at all times
- Being a positive role model
- Being an approachable individual for both staff and students
- Liaising with Head Office
- Experience in staff management
- Experience in working with international students preferred
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be a UK citizen or have the legal documents to work in the UK
- Previous experience in similar environment preferred
- Flexible and adaptable
- Clear and effective communicator
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- DELTA/post graduate teaching qualification or relevant teaching experience desired.
Positions are available at both St Andrews and Cambridge
Full room and board provided, along with fixed payment
St Andrews: 28th June - 16th August 2018
Cambridge: 8th July - 2nd August 2018