Outdoor Leadership Teacher
The Outdoor Leadership Teacher will develop and lead this unique course, which aims to build students’ confidence and leadership abilities through varied and exciting outdoor activities. This fun programme will develop life skills such as communication, decision-making, teamwork and confidence. Cambridge and Yale offer the perfect backdrop for our Outdoor Leadership course, with a wealth of facilities and opportunities available in both locations. The course will cover a wide range of activities from sailing to group games and team building exercises, allowing students to reach their personal goals and have fun.
ISSOS is looking for an experienced Outdoor Educator/facilitator who is an expert in leading team-building activities for young people and is confident in their skills and knowledge to develop an exciting and a challenging three-week programme.
*This position is available at Yale for the Student Leadership Internship. To read more about our Internship at Yale, please visit here STUDENT LEADERSHIP INTERNSHIP (YALE)
- Creating and executing interesting and engaging lesson plans
- Proving students with lessons tailored to improving their confidence and leadership skills
- Taking part in evening activities
- Being a positive role model
- Making sure students are safe and happy at all times
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Previous experience in outdoor education role essential
- Experience in teaching international students preferred
- Previous experience teaching essential
- Clear and effective communicator
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Team player and willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be a UK or US citizen or have the legal documents to work in the UK and USA respectively
- All staff must pass a full criminal background check*
- Positions are available in Cambridge and Yale
- Full bed and board is provided plus fixed payment
Cambridge: 7th July - 1st August 2019
Yale: 11th July - 5th August 2019
*ISSOS International and ISSOS USA are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all stakeholders to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to hold a current PVG/DBS or equivalent enhanced background check or be willing to obtain one. The cost of this will be covered by the company. Employment will be subject to the company receiving two references from previous employees covering your suitability for the specific position and working with those under 18 years old.