The class aims to develop team building, leadership and communication skills as well as the skills needed for students to continue making films after leaving the summer school.
The Film Teacher must have the expertise and knowledge to lead interactive seminars and hands on technical training in script writing, directing, production management, cinematography, editing, location scouting and set design.
The Film Teacher is required to have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of cameras: usage, cleaning, care
- Good working knowledge of Final Cut Pro
- Teaching classes and classroom management
- Mentoring students during the filming and editing process
- Taking charge of filming schedules (previous experience of a film set preferable)
- Responsible for the allocation and return of equipment
- Making sure students are safe and polite to others on the film shoot (this is essential if it involves the general public)
- Experience with young people
- Enthusiasm for film and inspiring the students to learn and bring out talent
As an ISSOS teacher you have your own class of international students aged between 13-18 years old. ISSOS ensures that classes are kept small in order to provide individual attention, personalised instruction and create an encouraging and supportive environment for students to learn while having fun and making new friends from around the world. Although we provide every teacher a guide as to what each lesson should achieve, we encourage teachers to bring their own experience and personality to each class and create their own stimulating and challenging lesson plans.
ISSOS is looking for charismatic, inspirational individuals who are experienced in their field and have experience in leading, motivating and encouraging a group of young people.
*This position is available at Yale for the Student Leadership Internship. To read more about our Internship at Yale, please visit here STUDENT LEADERSHIP INTERNSHIP (YALE)
- Creating and executing interesting and engaging lesson plans
- Taking part in evening activities
- Making sure students are safe and happy at all times
- Being a positive model
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience in teaching international students preferred
- Previous teaching experience is essential
- Clear and effective communicator
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Team player and willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be a UK or US citizen or have the legal documents to work in the UK and USA respectively
- All staff must pass a full criminal background check
- Positions are available in St Andrews and Yale
- Full bed and board is provided plus fixed payment
St Andrews: 28th June - 16th August 2018
Yale: 12th July - 6th August 2018