The class aims to develop team building and communication skills as well as the skills needed for students to continue making films after leaving the summer school.
The Film Assistant must have the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of cameras: usage, cleaning, care
- Good working knowledge of Final Cut Pro
- Assist with teaching classes and classroom management
- Mentoring students during the filming and editing process
- Taking charge of filming schedules (previous experience of a film set preferable)
- Responsible for the allocation and return of equipment
- Making sure students are safe and polite to others on the film shoot (this is essential if it involves the general public)
- Experience with young people is preferred but not essential
- Enthusiasm for film and inspiring the students to learn and bring out talent
As an ISSOS teacher, you will have your own class of international students aged between 13 – 18 years old. Classes are intentionally kept small in order to provide individual attention, personalised instruction and create an encouraging and supportive environment for students to learn while having fun and making new friends from around the world. Although we give every teacher a guide as to what each lesson should achieve we encourage teacher to bring their own experience and personality to each class and create their own lesson plans.
This position is only offered at St Andrews.
St Andrews – June 29th - August 17th, 2015