ISSOS is looking for an individual to teach our International Baccalaureate Extended Essay course. The teacher will lead a combination of in-depth seminars, interactive skill workshops and supervise individual research periods to help the students put these skills into action and make significant progress on their extended essay. Seminars should include essay writing, oral presentations and public speaking, independent study and time management. All students should finish the summer school with a structured plan on how to tackle the remainder of the extended essay and the necessary skills to complete future essays both in school and at university.
We are looking for an individual currently undertaking or recently finished postgraduate research work with experience teaching young people.
As an ISSOS teacher you have your own class of international students aged between 13-18 years old. ISSOS ensures that classes are kept small in order to provide individual attention, personalised instruction and create an encouraging and supportive environment for students to learn while having fun and making new friends from around the world. Although we provide every teacher a guide as to what each lesson should achieve, we encourage teachers to bring their own experience and personality to each class and create their own stimulating and challenging lesson plans.
ISSOS is looking for charismatic, inspirational individuals who are experienced in their field and have experience in leading, motivating and encouraging a group of young people.
- Creating and executing interesting and engaging lesson plans
- Providing students with lessons tailored to the improvement of their study skills and habits
- Take part in evening activities
- Being a positive role model
- Making sure students are safe and happy at all times
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Currently undertaking or recently finished postgraduate research work
- Knowledge of the International Baccalaureate Course
- Fluent in English
- Experience teaching international students is preferred
- Previous teaching experience is essential
- Clear and effective communicator
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Team player and willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be a UK citizen or have the legal documents to work in the UK
- All staff must pass a full criminal background check
- Position is available in St Andrews
St Andrews: 28th June - 16th August 2018