The Debate Teacher needs to have experience in teaching young people the British Debate System and possesses the skills needed to encourage students to think critically and articulate their views. The debate course aims to inspire students to express themselves with confidence and flair, both academically and in all aspects of their lives. The Debate Teacher will lead engaging workshops on the art of public speaking, covering all aspects of debate including delivery, organization, evidence analysis, argument intervention and debating theory.
As an ISSOS teacher you have your own class of international students aged between 13-18 years old. ISSOS ensures that classes are kept small in order to provide individual attention, personalised instruction and create an encouraging and supportive environment for students to learn while having fun and making new friends from around the world. Although we provide every teacher a guide as to what each lesson should achieve, we encourage teachers to bring their own experience and personality to each class and create their own stimulating and challenging lesson plans.
ISSOS is looking for charismatic, inspirational individuals who are experienced in their field and have experience in leading, motivating and encouraging a group of young people.
- Creating and executing interesting and engaging lesson plans
- Taking part in evening activities
- Making sure students are safe and happy at all times
- Being a positive model
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience in teaching international students preferred
- Previous teaching experience is essential
- Clear and effective communicator
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Team player and willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be a UK or US citizen or have the legal documents to work in the UK and USA respectively
- All staff must pass a full criminal background check
- Positions are available in St Andrews, Cambridge and Yale
- Full bed and board is provided plus fixed payment
St Andrews: 28th June - 16th August 2018
Cambridge: 8th July - 2nd August 2018
Yale: 12th July - 6th August 2018