Creative Writing Teacher
Through interactive workshops covering all phases of the writing process from idea generation & writing to revising drafts and editing, our students will understand and harness the forces of creative language to produce original poems, scripts and short stories. Through the Creative Writing Teachers’ passion and experience, students will learn to love writing and how to use the world around them as a source of ideas and inspiration. The Creative Writing Teacher will provide students with support, inspiration and critical evaluation to continually improve the quality of the students writing. The student’s work will be showcased in the ISSOS Times at the end of each session.
The Creative Writing teacher will teach a group of 15-18 year olds from a variety of nationalities for three hours every weekday morning. We are looking for an enthuisatic individual who wants to get involved in the summer school and a whole and who has a desire to inspire young people and have a genuine impact on them.
*This position is available at Yale for the Student Leadership Internship. To read more about our Internship at Yale, please visit here STUDENT LEADERSHIP INTERNSHIP (YALE)
ISSOS ensures that classes are kept small in order to provide individual attention, personalised instruction and create an encouraging and supportive environment for students to learn while having fun and making new friends from around the world. Although we provide every teacher a guide as to what each lesson should achieve, we encourage teachers to bring their own experience and personality to each class and create their own stimulating and challenging lesson plans.
ISSOS is looking for charismatic, inspirational individuals who are experienced in their field and have experience in leading, motivating and encouraging a group of young people.
- Creating and executing interesting and engaging lesson plans
- Taking part in evening activities
- Making sure students are safe and happy at all times
- Being a positive model
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience in teaching international students preferred
- Previous teaching experience is essential
- Clear and effective communicator
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Team player and willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be a UK or US citizen or have the legal documents to work in the UK or US respectively
- All staff must pass a full criminal background check
- Position is available in St Andrews and Yale
- Full bed and board is provided plus fixed payment
St Andrews: 28th June - 16th August 2018
Yale: 12th July - 6th August 2018