Business Studies and Entrepreneurship Teacher
This three week course aims to prepare students for the future by giving them the skills, confidence and motivation to succeed in life beyond the classroom. The teacher will lead a series of interactive workshops, practical tasks and case studies for the students to learn what it takes to be an entrepreneur and the fundamentals of starting a business and marketing a product based on some of the most successful companies in the world. Throughout the course, students will not only learn business skills such as writing a business plan but will also develop their interpersonal and leadership skills such as public speaking & presentation skills, team building and managing others, goal setting, time management and communication skills. ISSOS is looking for an individual who can engage the students imagination to discover their passion for business and the opportunities that surround them.
As an ISSOS teacher you have your own class of international students aged between 13-18 years old. ISSOS ensures that classes are kept small in order to provide individual attention, personalised instruction and create an encouraging and supportive environment for students to learn while having fun and making new friends from around the world. Although we provide every teacher a guide as to what each lesson should achieve, we encourage teachers to bring their own experience and personality to each class and create their own stimulating and challenging lesson plans.
ISSOS is looking for charismatic, inspirational individuals who are experienced in their field and have experience in leading, motivating and encouraging a group of young people.
- Creating and executing interesting and engaging lesson plans
- Providing students with lessons tailored to the improvement of their study skills and habits
- Take part in evening activities
- Being a positive role model
- Making sure students are safe and happy at all times
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Fluent in English
- Experience teaching international students is preferred
- Previous teaching experience is essential
- Clear and effective communicator
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Team player and willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be a UK or US citizen or have the legal documents to work in the UK and USA respectively
- All staff must pass a full criminal background check
- Positions are available in Cambridge and Yale
- Full bed and board is provided plus fixed payment
St Andrews: 28th June - 16th August 2018
Cambridge: 8th July - 2nd August 2018
Yale: 12th July - 6th August 2018