Business and Entrepreneurship Teacher
Position availble at Cambridge & Yale campuses
This three week course aims to prepare students for the future by giving them the skills, confidence and motivation to succeed in life beyond the classroom. The teacher will lead a series of interactive workshops, practical tasks and case studies for the students to learn what it takes to be an entrepreneur and the fundamentals of starting a business and marketing a product based on some of the most successful companies in the world. Throughout the course, students will not only learn business skills such as how to market a product, develop a business plan and develop an idea, but will also develop their interpersonal and leadership skills such as public speaking & presentation skills, team building and managing others, goal setting, time management and communication skills. ISSOS is looking for an individual who can engage the students imagination to discover their passion for business and the opportunities that surround them.
As an ISSOS teacher you have your own class of international students aged between 13-18 years old. ISSOS ensures that classes are kept small in order to provide individual attention, personalised instruction and create an encouraging and supportive environment for students to learn while having fun and making new friends from around the world. Although we provide every teacher a guide as to what each lesson should achieve, we encourage teachers to bring their own experience and personality to each class and create their own stimulating and challenging lesson plans.
ISSOS is looking for charismatic, inspirational individuals who are experienced in their field and have experience in leading, motivating and encouraging a group of young people.
- Value led and purpose driven business
- Idea generation and development
- Leadership and emotional intelligence
- People as a key asset, different kinds of people, people's role in a company
- Company structure
- How great companies start with 'Why'
- Marketing a product
- Service as a value and key to business
- Finance and business planning
- Understanding the customer
- Value proposition
- Creating and executing interesting and engaging lesson plans
- Providing students with lessons tailored to the improvement of their study skills and habits
- Take part in evening activities
- Being a positive role model
- Making sure students are safe and happy at all times
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Fluent in English
- Experience teaching international students is preferred
- Previous teaching experience is essential
- Clear and effective communicator
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Team player and willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities
- Previous experince in business
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be a UK or US citizen or have the legal documents to work in the UK and USA respectively
- All staff must pass a full criminal background check*
- Positions are available in Cambridge and Yale
- Full bed and board is provided plus fixed payment
Cambridge: 7th July - 1st August 2019
Yale: 11th July - 5th August 2019
*ISSOS International and ISSOS USA are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all stakeholders to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to hold a current PVG/DBS or equivalent enhanced background check or be willing to obtain one. The cost of this will be covered by the company. Employment will be subject to the company receiving two references from previous employees covering your suitability for the specific position and working with those under 18 years old.