Through inspirational seminars, practical workshops and a mix of individual and group exercises, the Journalism Teacher will teach students how to use the power of language to communicate effectively and inspire others. The aims of this course is to enhance the essay writing skills of the class through teaching students how to structure an argument, the techniques for editing copy and design pages for publication. As a team, the students on this course will also assist in the production of the ISSOS Times, the summer school’s newspaper.
As an ISSOS teacher you have your own class of international students aged between 13-18 years old. ISSOS ensures that classes are kept small in order to provide individual attention, personalised instruction and create an encouraging and supportive environment for students to learn while having fun and making new friends from around the world. Although we provide every teacher a guide as to what each lesson should achieve, we encourage teachers to bring their own experience and personality to each class and create their own stimulating and challenging lesson plans.
ISSOS is looking for charismatic, inspirational individuals who are experienced in their field and have experience in leading, motivating and encouraging a group of young people.
- Creating and executing interesting and engaging lesson plans
- Providing students with lessons tailored to the improvement of their study skills and habits
- Take part in evening activities
- Being a positive role model
- Making sure students are safe and happy at all times
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Fluent in English
- Experience teaching international students is preferred
- Previous teaching experience is essential
- Clear and effective communicator
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Team player and willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be a UK citizen or have the legal documents to work in the UK
- All staff must pass a full criminal background check
- Positions are available in Cambridge
- Full bed and board is provided plus fixed payment
- Cambridge: 8th July to 2nd August 2018