Throughout the three week course, the Art Teacher will introduce a wide variety of artistic techniques and styles, covering skills such as line drawing and oil painting to more contemporary practices such as sculpting and cartoon illustration. This programme allows for all levels and abilities to uncover their artistic potential and develop their own unique style.
As an ISSOS teacher you have your own class of international students aged between 13-18 years old. ISSOS ensures that classes are kept small in order to provide individual attention, personalised instruction and create an encouraging and supportive environment for students to learn while having fun and making new friends from around the world. Although we provide every teacher a guide as to what each lesson should achieve, we encourage teachers to bring their own experience and personality to each class and create their own stimulating and challenging lesson plans.
ISSOS is looking for charismatic, inspirational individuals who are experienced in their field and have experience in leading, motivating and encouraging a group of young people.
- Creating and executing interesting and engaging lesson plans
- Taking part in evening activities
- Making sure students are safe and happy at all times
- Being a positive model
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience in teaching international students preferred
- Previous teaching experience is essential
- Clear and effective communicator
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Team player and willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be a UK citizen or have the legal documents to work in the UK
- All staff must pass a full criminal background check
- Positions are available in St Andrews
- Full bed and board is provided plus fixed payment
St Andrews: 28th June - 16th August 2018