Debate is offered at: St Andrews, Cambridge and Yale.
Click on the tabs for session dates.
View a typical day at St Andrews
View a typical day at Cambridge
View a typical day at Yale
Debating summer school program
Professional coaching, interactive workshops and a variety of debating opportunities create a stimulating environment where our summer students can immerse themselves in the exciting academic world of debate. Guaranteed to give participants the edge by developing the skills and confidence to express themselves effectively.
What does it cover?
Whether beginners or seasoned veterans, our summer students will benefit from expert tuition in the art of public speaking, covering all aspects of debate including delivery, organisation, evidence analysis, argument invention and debating theory.
- Acquire the ability and confidence to communicate effectively
- Learn techniques from leading debate coaches
- Take part in energetic debates on exciting contemporary issues
- Learn valuable skills including critical thinking and persuasive reasoning
- Debate at the historic University of St Andrews, Cambridge and Yale campuses
As entry into the world’s leading universities becomes increasingly competitive, many top institutions now demand that applicants have the ability to think critically and articulate their views. Debating encourages students to express themselves with confidence and flair, both academically and in all aspects of their lives.
Guaranteed to inspire students to discover their voice and develop their skills as well as the confidence to use it!