The ISSOS creative writing summer school program is designed for students of all levels and interests who have a desire to explore their own potential and challenge themselves creatively.
We recommend that students 14 and over apply for this program due to the mature nature of some of the themes covered in this program.
Creative Writing at ISSOS
Introductory and advanced workshops will introduce students to all phases of the writing process, including idea generation, writing and revising drafts and editing.
- Discover writing through a range of projects including essays, short stories and poetry
- Study the work of renowned writers and discover your own voice
- Find out how to use the world around you as a source of ideas and inspiration
- Benefit from regular and extensive writing practice and balanced critical evaluation
- See your work in print by contributing to the publication - The ISSOS Times
Students will write extensively and the course is intended for those who want to understand and harness the forces of creative language to produce original poems, scenes from a play or movie, song lyrics and short stories.
Students will challenge themselves creatively and learn to write in a truly inspiring environment.