Creative Writing is offered at St Andrews & Yale
Click the tabs below for dates of each summer school
View a typical day at St Andrews
View a typical day at Yale
Creative writing summer school program
The ISSOS creative writing summer school course is designed for students of all levels and interests who have a desire to explore their own potential and challenge themselves creatively, learning to write in one of Scotland’s most inspirational environments. Understand and harness the forces of creative language to produce original poems, scenes from a play or movie and short stories.
We recommed that students only 14 and over apply for this program due to the mature nature of some of the themes covered in this program.
What will it cover?
Introductory and advanced workshops will cover all phases of the writing process, including idea generation, writing and revising drafts and editing.
- Learn to love writing through a range of creative projects including essays, short stories and poetry
- Study the work of renowned English writers and discover your own voice
- Find out how to use the world around you as a source of ideas and inspiration
- Benefit from regular and extensive writing practice and balanced critical evaluation
- Produce the summer school magazine and see your work in print.
During the creative writing course, all summer students will work together to produce the ISSOS magazine, which will include a selection of their creative writing.