English Teachers at ISSOS are all fully qualified. Working as a team, the English Teachers will have the opportunity to meet and evaluate each English language students’ ability and divide the group into smaller classes. Each teacher will be responsible for a distinct ability level and will assist students in becoming proficient in the English language.
Your role will be to provide an exciting and challenging syllabus where students can improve their conversational skills, including their grasp of colloquial language, develop their understanding and use of English grammar, vocabulary, reading, writing and listening skills.
ISSOS is looking for English Teachers who can provide a nurturing yet challenging atmosphere with individual attention and strong classroom management skills.
Teaching at ISSOS
As an ISSOS teacher you have your own class of international students aged between 13-18 years old. ISSOS ensures that classes are kept small in order to provide individual attention, personalised instruction and create an encouraging and supportive environment for students to learn while having fun and making new friends from around the world. Although we provide every teacher a guide as to what each lesson should achieve, we encourage teachers to bring their own experience and personality to each class and create their own stimulating and challenging lesson plans.
ISSOS is looking for charismatic, inspirational individuals who are experienced in their field and have experience in leading, motivating and encouraging a group of young people.
- Creating and executing interesting and engaging lesson plans
- Providing students with lessons tailored to their English ability
- Taking part in evening activities
- Making sure students are safe and happy at all times
- Being a positive model
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Must have a CELTA, certTESOL or equivalent qualification
- Experience in teaching international students preferred
- Previous teaching experience is essential
- Clear and effective communicator
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Team player and willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be a UK or US citizen or have the legal documents to work in the UK and USA respectively
- All staff must pass a full criminal background check
- Positions are available in St Andrews, Cambridge and Yale
- Full bed and board is provided plus fixed payment
St Andrews: 28th June - 16th August 2018
Cambridge: 8th July - 2nd August 2018
Yale: 12th July - 6th August 2018