Advanced English Teacher
The Advanced English programme at ISSOS is for students with a very high level of English and who need to focus more on their written English. The Advanced English Teacher will be responsible for designing a syllabus that will include improving the formation of coherent arguments and structure in formal essay writing and exploring a range of writing styles.
You will provide daily instruction, support and feedback to each student in order to ensure their continual improvement. ISSOS is looking for applicants who can provide a nurturing yet challenging atmosphere with individual attention and strong classroom management skills.
As an ISSOS teacher you have your own class of international students aged between 13-18 years old. ISSOS ensures that classes are kept small in order to provide individual attention, personalised instruction and create an encouraging and supportive environment for students to learn while having fun and making new friends from around the world. Although we provide every teacher a guide as to what each lesson should achieve, we encourage teachers to bring their own experience and personality to each class and create their own stimulating and challenging lesson plans.
ISSOS is looking for charismatic, inspirational individuals who are experienced in their field and have experience in leading, motivating and encouraging a group of young people.
- Creating and executing interesting and engaging lesson plans
- Providing students with lessons tailored to their English ability
- Taking part in evening activities
- Making sure students are safe and happy at all times
- Being a positive model
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Must have a CELTA qualification
- Experience in teaching international students preferred
- Previous teaching experience is essential
- Clear and effective communicator
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Team player and willingness to take part in extra-curricular activities
- Must be fluent in English
- Must be a UK or US citizen or have the legal documents to work in the UK and USA respectively
- All staff must pass a full criminal background check
- Positions are available in St Andrews, Cambridge and Yale
- Full bed and board is provided plus fixed payment
St Andrews: 28th June - 16th August 2018
Cambridge: 8th July - 2nd August 2018
Yale: 12th July - 6th August 2018