View a typical day at St Andrews
The International Baccalaureate is a challenging and demanding program and the IB Extended Essay summer school program is designed to offer all students currently working towards their IB extended essay the chance to combine interactive skills seminars and in-depth individual research with personal attention from highly qualified mentors.
Interactive seminars are designed to equip students with the know-how, skills, experience and confidence necessary to achieve their personal best as well as pave the way for success in higher education.
Seminars cover a wide variety of essential skills such as:
- Essay writing (including research techniques, outlining and structuring an argument, editing and formatting)
- Oral presentations and public speaking
- Independent study
- Time management and organization
Supervised individual research periods are designed to help students put these skills into action and make significant progress on the Extended Essay. Held in the renowned main library of the University of St Andrews, these research periods provide students with:
- An ideal work environment
- Access to one of the best research facilities in the world
- Thousands of books, journals and reference materials
- Qualified supervisors and mentors to help students access materials
Students are given time to write their essay and will leave with a plan as to how to complete their essay or how to edit their first or second draft.
We can give students the skills, experience and resources that will enable them to feel prepared, confident and ready to achieve their personal best.