For ages 13 to 18
Students considering this class should have a high level of both spoken and written English (B2/C1)
Our Advanced English programme is designed for students who already have a high level of proficiency but are looking to significantly improve their English for academic purposes.
Advanced English Summer Course
Advanced English at ISSOS is designed to help students who already have a high level of spoken English to improve their knowledge of the written language and prepare them for studying at English speaking universities. Our interactive classes will focus on taking students' knowledge of the language to a higher level while teaching the finer points of grammar, essay structuring and presentation skills.
Students taking this academic at our Cambridge campus should be between 15 - 18 years old at the start of the programme.
Benefits of Advanced English at ISSOS
- Significantly improve your written English
- Focus on English for academic purposes and learn how to apply it in school and university
- Improve confidence when using both written and spoken English
- Learn about essay writing research techniques, structure and development
- Explore a range of writing styles
- Work on grammar and interpretation skills
- Develop confidence in presentation skills and public speaking
- 45 hours of tuition (3 hours a day, 5 days a week)
- Pair this class with one of our exciting elective options
What Students Learn
Advanced English at ISSOS teaches English for academic purposes and will cover essay writing skills, debate and argument development as well as public speaking and advanced presentation skills.
With a focus on written English, this programme challenges students to read and interpret articles and journals of an advanced nature and produce written analysis that is structured, accurate, and logical.
This is a programme that has been developed to provide the written skills needed to tackle assignments in the final years of high school and that are essential for the move up to university level study.
How It Works
We offer an all-inclusive 3-week residential stay at one of our exclusive University locations for students between the ages of 13 - 18
Students choose one Academic and one Elective option from the progamme.
Everyone takes part in exciting activities, evening programmes and cultural trips.
Each nationality is limited to 10% of the total intake of students to ensure a truly international experience.
we are here to help
- Study Skills
- English Language
- Advanced English
- Youth Leadership
- Creative Writing
- IB Extended Essay